Thursday, August 25, 2011

everyday is halloween

worn with orange suede heels

I'm positively rabid with excitement over figuring out a method to curl my hair. I've always been one of those people that would use a curling iron only to have my hair fall flat within minutes. I used pincurls in apprx 2 inch sections after I got out of the shower and slept on 'em.. woke up this morning with perfect bouncy curls [squee!].

Quick guide to pin curls
tools: light hair spray, bobby pins
Basically you're taking a section of hair, rolling it up, and securing with a bobby pin. Repeat until all your hair is up. It doesn't matter if it's a little messy because you're just going to sleep on these anyways. You can adjust the curls by making the rolls tighter or looser. Hold in place with a light mist of hairspray when you take them out. 

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! My hair is so fine, when I used to have to tease it for performances I'd be constantly having to fix it because even teasing with a crap load of hairspray kept falling out. I've never been able to curls...ever. So sad :(

    Much love,
    Laura (http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, curling my hair is so difficult. It takes forever because it's so thick.

    I love your outfit. I need to dig out my Marc Jacobs tote too..

    (You have an amazing face, by the way. You look like a cross between Selma Blair and Eva Green.)

    ReplyDelete